"What you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." – 2 Timothy 2:2
Our Ministry Training Center (MTC) is a formal residency program for the mentoring of men pursuing a call to the pastorate, and women pursuing a call to ministry in the church.
The MTC is a internship where participants will receive on-the-ground ministry experience, participate in church leadership readings and discussions, and have the opportunity to earn seminary credit through Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary’s EQUIP Program. By the end of the MTC process, residents will have prayerfully grown in several areas of pastoral ministry training.
1. Knowledge of God’s word, especially in respect to the vocation of full or part-time ministry.
2. Aptitude and temperament for biblical leadership in a local church.
3. Their affection for Jesus and for the local church.
4. Upon completion of the MTC process, all qualified men who have graduated from seminary will be eligible to receive ordination by Fairview Baptist Church for gospel ministry.
The MTC is designed to provide meaningful ministry experience and training for future pastors and ministry leaders in specific areas on interest. For this reason, the MTC is designed to offer hands on training in the ministry to which the intern is assigned. Each intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in both practical and theological aspects in their area of ministry focus.
All members of the Ministry Training Center would be encouraged to participate in several areas of the church.
1. Work with the Senior Pastor in developing sermons and teaching.
2. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
3. Read and discuss theological and ministry-related materials with the pastoral staff. If the participant is enrolled in seminary, these items will relate to their course work.
4. Ministry residents will be assigned to serve in a specific area that relates to their gifting and potential calling.
5. All Ministry Training Center residents will also benefit from specific areas of the church on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights, including worship, missions, children, students, and adults. This will also include occasional teaching opportunities.
6. The Ministry Training Residents would also accompany pastors on home visits, hospital visits, and other ministry duties such as baptisms, weddings, and funerals as available.
Each participant will be given a stipend to cover books, ministry resources and travel expenses. There are three types of interns in the MTC.
Summer Intern (16 Weeks)
These interns would spend 2 hours a week with the Senior Pastor in sermon preparation, and would otherwise be focused on other areas of ministry under the direction of our pastoral staff. The goal is to give them a wide range of experience in pastoral ministry.
Seminary Ministry Resident (6 Months)
This intern would be a student at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. They would spend 2 hours a week with the Senior Pastor in sermon preparation, and would otherwise be focused on other areas of ministry under the direction of our pastoral staff. Also, this intern would benefit from Fairview’s partnership with SEBTS’ Equip Program, earning seminary credit hours for their service and doing independent study courses under the direction of the Senior Pastor. The goal is to give them a wide range of experience in pastoral ministry.
Ministry Director (Annual)
These interns would be seminary students or graduates who have moved beyond a level 2 internship. Their area of ministry within our church family will be focused on their gifting and long term desire to serve in a specific area of ministry. As needed, these interns would benefit from Fairview’s partnership with SEBTS’ Equip Program, earning seminary credit hours for their service and doing independent study courses under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
SEMINARY COURSE CREDIT
In partnership with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fairview Baptist Church is able to offer course credit classes through the EQUIP program for seminary students. Below is a list of approved classes. The particular course offered will be based on the needs of the participants.
PMN7900/EQC – Mentored Internship Practicums
PMN6501/EQC – Pastoral Ministry and Leadership Practicum
PMN6733/EQC – Christian Leadership Practicum
PMN6721/EQC – Administration and Education in the Local Church Practicum
PRS6101/EQC – Bible Exposition I: Hermeneutics and Preparation Practicum
PRS6501/EQC – Bible Exposition II: Delivery Practicum
BCO5502/EQC – Biblical Counseling Practicum (Biblical Counseling Training Required)
MIS5101/EQC – Christian Missions: Principles and Practice Practicum
EVA5101/EQC – Evangelism: Nature and Practice Practicum
EVA6611/EQC – Personal Discipleship and Disciple-Making Practicum
Because of the duration of the Ministry Training Center, one seminary course should be the initial aim. To find out more, visit Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary's EQUIP page.